My experience includes product marketing, channel/partner management, finance, and small business ownership. Managing product launches, creating marketing campaigns, and supporting the brand through managing distribution and end-user channels are functions that I enjoy handling. I operate using an analytic and systematic approach to my work which was learned during my career in finance. I am currently entertaining part time or contractor based opportunities as well as traditional full time roles within the marketing and partner/channel management fields.
Business Owner Wayne Dayberry Photography Lake Worth, FL
Jun 2006 Present
(A professional photography company specializing in sports and events)
My company provides professional photography services for large scale sports and high tier event clients with a service level which consistently exceeds client's expectations. As a small business owner, I am ultimately responsible for everything. Regardless of who is performing the service or function, from landing new clients to personally delivering services, from post-engagement customer service to administrative duties, I make certain things are handled properly and my clients are ecstatic with their images. I currently select a number of key events throughout the year to personally cover and manage a team of 6 photographers for day-to-day and larger scale events.
* Growing the client base to over 40 events the first year.
* Privileged to have my images published in 12 magazines and websites including Hammer Nutrition, Youth Runner, Competitor, South Florida Adventures, and Xterra Planet.
* Providing services for one of the nation's premier Triathlon organizations, Multirace.com.
Marketing Manager EventPictures.com Los Angeles, CA
May 2008 Feb 2010
(Provider of eCommerce and back-office support for professional photographers)
The principals at EventPictures recruited me to lead a major marketing project which included revamping their entire marketing program and channel management functions. I held this position while continuing to operate Wayne Dayberry Photography. My key responsibilities included:
* Driving all strategic marketing initiatives including: planning, pricing, product mix, and website enhancements, direct and indirect sales, new partner orientation and training.
* Community leader responsible for education and collaboration throughout the partner base by managing the community website, newsletter, and one to one communication.
* Maintaining near 100% sales revenue during a heavily down market through the execution of targeted marketing campaigns to increase product knowledge and mindshare within the channel.
* Growing the partner base 12% during a 3 month marketing campaign.
* Developing the EventPictures ProPhoto Community website.
* Creating the "AutoFocus" monthly newsletter and achieving 32% open and 25% click rates.
Business Owner Alert Communications International, Inc. Lake Worth, FL
Apr 2004 Jun 2006
(Provider of appointment reminder solutions for medical practices)
This small business was as a spin-off from 3C Network Consultants. This business encompassed the sales, installation, and service of patient appointment reminder systems to local healthcare practitioners. The majority of new business was derived through networking, trade shows, direct sales, and building key relationships within the community. As a small business owner, my responsibilities included all aspects of operations.
* Managing the appointment reminder system for an internationally recognized orthopedic practice; The Center for Bone and Joint Surgery.
* Securing 6 key clients within the first fiscal quarter.
Business Development Manager 3C Network Consultants, Inc. - Wellington, FL
Nov 2002 Apr 2004
(Healthcare IT Solutions delivered to practices throughout South Florida)
A fellow graduate student and I started this technology consulting business soon after completing our MBA's. My role was to write the business plan, drive the launch of the business, then manage the sales and marketing functions. Along with these roles, I also coordinated client training and managed all post-sale service.
* Creating a go-to-market plan which generated six figure revenues during the first fiscal year.
* Securing alliances with best-in-class IT solution providers to compliment the core service line.
Marketing Manager USAlert, LLC - Boca Raton, FL
Jun 2001 Nov 2002
(Leader in the Voice and Hospitality messaging market)
My role involved managing the marketing and business development functions for new business opportunities. My key responsibilities included:
* Developing product roadmaps (1, 3, and 5 year), strategies, and new product go-to-market plans.
* Creating and implementing channel marketing and distribution strategies.
* Providing content and layout for sales collateral and tools including: product data sheets, brochures, success stories, website, print ads, sales presentations, and press releases.
* Designing and launching a national sales channel expansion program with first year sales of $2M.
Business Development Manager Motorola, Inc. - Boynton Beach, FL
Jul 1996 Apr 2001
(Global manufacturer and distributor of wireless technologies)
My career at Motorola included finance, marketing, inside sales, and business development. I managed: a $10M commercial credit portfolio, 13 separate product lines, and supported Motorola's early play into mobile applications.
My key responsibilities included:
* Establishing business opportunities with channel and strategic alliance partners.
* Developing product marketing programs: defining target markets, portfolio strategies, functionality, feature sets, distributions plans, pricing strategies, and go-to-market launch strategies.
* Assessing competitive product threats and developing responsive strategies.
* Creating a wireless application portal with over 100 applications and mobile websites.
* Developing four strategic relationships with a first year revenue target of $25M.
Treasury Analyst - ICF Kaiser International, Inc. - Fairfax, VA
Sep 1991 May 1996
(Public and private sector contractor focusing on consulting and major infrastructure solutions)
My career with ICF began as an Audit Liaison to the federal government. Following a finance track, a promotion to Budget Analyst, then Treasury Analyst followed. My key responsibilities included:
* Managing the annual budget and forecasting processes for this $1.5B government contractor.
* Performing financial analysis, cash management, investment analysis, and internal reporting.
* Developing a tool to analyze reimbursement adjustments on over 1,000 federal contracts.
Paid Internship - Resolution Trust Corporation Washington D.C. Sep 1990 - Sep 1991
MBA - International Business - University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL Dec 1999
BS Finance and Economics - University of Maryland, College Park, MD - Dec 1990
Microsoft Office Suite, SiteSpinner, FrontPage, Zoho CRM, Constant Contact, Google AdSense/Words, FrontPage, ACT!, QuickBooks Pro, Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom/Premiere
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND LEADERSHIP
Youth Sports Coach, American Cancer Society Volunteer, University of Miami Alumni Association, Home Owners Association Board, School Volunteer
WAYNE A. DAYBERRY
6854 Lake Nona Place Lake, Worth, FL 33463 561.963.6954 firstname.lastname@example.org